For over 40 years the Humanist Society of Queensland (HSQ) has provided a voice for the non-religious in areas from anti-discrimination legislation to public education policy to marriage equality. We are dependent upon membership to fund the running of HSQ and grow a constituency which really counts in our advocacy work.
What Do I Get For HSQ Membership?
Aside from the warm glow of supporting our work HSQ membership entitles you to:
- Reduced price entry to our conventions.
- The option of subscription to the Australian Humanist.
- The right to propose and vote on motions at our General Meetings and AGM.
Our annual membership fees are as follows:
- Single person – $30.00
- Retired person – $25.00
- Unemployed or student in full-time study – $20.00
Fees are due for renewal every July. We split our annual fees into quarters so as not to disadvantage new members. The costs for membership to 30th of June 2014 are on the form below.
Financial members will receive a reminder via email when their annual membership is due for renewal.
You can pay your membership by:
- Internet funds transfer to our Commonwealth Bank account, using your name and postcode as the reference
- Deposit at your local Branch of the Commonwealth Bank, quoting your name and postcode.
- Posting a cheque/ money order to The Treasurer HSQ, GPO Box 2041 Brisbane, QLD 4001
Payment is now handled by an e-commerce cart instead of a simple membership form. You will be provided with the appropriate payment details when you complete your order. This is a new system, so if you have any difficulties please let us know.Membership Application and Renewal Page