For over 40 years the Humanist Society of Queensland (HSQ) has provided a voice for the non-religious in areas from anti-discrimination legislation to public education policy to marriage equality. We are dependent upon membership to fund the running of HSQ and grow a constituency which really counts in our advocacy work.
What Do I Get For HSQ Membership?
Aside from the warm glow of supporting our work HSQ membership entitles you to:
- Reduced price entry to our conventions.
- The option of subscription to the Australian Humanist.
- The right to propose and vote on motions at our General Meetings and AGM.
- Free annual subscription (quarterly) to Australian Humanist magazine.
Our annual membership fees are as follows:
- Working – $20
- Retired – $10
- Unemployed or student in full-time study – $10
Fees are due for renewal annually on joining date.
Financial members will receive a reminder via email when their annual membership is due for renewal.
You can pay your membership by:
- Internet funds transfer to our Commonwealth Bank account, using your name and postcode as the reference. HSQ banking details provided at checkout.
- Deposit at your local Branch of the Commonwealth Bank, quoting your name and postcode.
- Posting a cheque/ money order to The Treasurer HSQ, GPO Box 2041 Brisbane, QLD 4001
Payment is now handled by an e-commerce cart which provides a simple membership form and direct deposit banking details. You will be provided with the appropriate payment details when you complete your order. This is a new system, so if you have any difficulties please let us know.Membership Application and Renewal Page